silence and ingredients

1/16/16


How do you pick up and start again after almost a year of being silent and the year before inconsistent and then the year before that.. Well, I'm not sure. 

I guess I will start with the year that I failed to write about. Last year. The year I felt no need to document my inspirations. The year that was filled with so many obstacles that it probably would've been really entertaining for you. Blogging is a strange thing if you think about it. Why do we find the need to put our words.. our lives on a social platform for all to see? Another reason why I'm so inconsistent. I have that question in the back of my head constantly. Then the other day, I was reading an article about journaling and the benefits. The benefits are I guess well known or are supposed to be. Even Oprah attributes her success to journaling. "It's astonishing to be able to track your own evolution—who I was, who I'm still becoming," she said. I guess I've been writing and documenting my life since high school or before that in my pink diary. I wonder where that thing is, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE EMBARRASSING or interesting to read. Here I am again with the urge to write. The urge to document. oh man did I get sidetracked or what? That's my brain so bare with me here. And you know what? I'm not so sure I'm ready to let everyone know about the year that changed my life. I'll save that for a different day. Instead I'll share a recipe that someone wanted to know from my Instagram

First I would like to say, the recipe can be found on page 287 in The Kinfolk Table. You should buy it! It's a great cookbook that has inspired me a ton. I'm also not sure if I should be sharing it here since it belongs to them. 


3 table spoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
6 cups of vegetable stock
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound of red potatos, cut into 1/2- inch 
1 small bunch of fresh dill, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 red chard leaves, torn into small pieces 
3 lacinato kale leaves, torn into small pieces
Juice of 1/2 lemon






















Disclaimer:  Kinfolk- If you're reading this and want me to remove this content, please let me know! 



4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you're back! I always question why I blog too, but I never really regret writing my thoughts down because it shows my growth and I always appreciate looking back to who I was, and appreciate who I've become. It's a never ending process! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Becca! You're right, I do appreciate the process and looking back and reflecting. I'm loving your blog too! 2016 is going to be a good year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Why do we find the need to put our words.. our lives on a social platform for all to see?"

    Good question. I think it's something of therapy. It's nice to be heard, nice to release emotions. Having an outlet is the bomb diggety, yo. And I love Kinfolk! I have some back issues of their magazine, but not the book. They're a pretty rad publication. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the commment Erin! I like your thoughts and I do agree it's nice to have an outlet. It's a great cookbook!

      Delete

 

© Lavender and Honey All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger