every single day

10/30/13



wall paper + simple wreath








It started with a warm bed and wanting. Wanting to stay in bed at least until the sun rose. An over packed train and still wanting. Wanting to be back in that sweet little apartment on Western and Division.  I was barely functioning on a bagel with way too much cream cheese and a medium coffee with cream and sugar from Dunkin Donuts. Not to mention the 3 hours of sleep that I got last night. Somehow the day flew by. I guess a presentation and hours fiddling around with AutoCad will do that. Sitting down after a long day, usually feeling drained and lifeless I started putting together a wreath that I bought for a Halloween decoration. Yes, I know its Halloween tomorrow! How is October already almost over? It feels like yesterday I was planning all the fall activities I wanted to do.

·         Pumpkin beer tasting
·         Carve pumpkins
·         Make a fall inspired meal
·         Go to a haunted house
·         Dress up as Sally
·         Make a million pumpkin seeds
·         Sip on endless cups of tea
·         Go for long walks
·         Cuddle with the one I love
·         Make a pie

The list is never ending. It goes on and on my friend. Well the month is now coming to an end. I have done a few things on that list. But, not all. I guess I’m just trying to say working and going to school sometimes makes me feel lifeless. There are days though, where I cannot imagine my life without school. I am constantly inspired and always wanting more knowledge. At times it gets hard with work taking up a big portion of my time and mind. Oh geez, I just went on a LONG tangent. What I’m trying to say is..

Creating that wreath made me realize something about myself that I ignore quite often. I feel happiest when I am working with my hands or creating something. This little wreath has inspired me to have something like it when I have children. The empty ring will hang on the wall and each day we will create a leaf or flower to attach to the empty ring. They could either make a wish (I remember my favorite thing about my birthday when I was a little one was blowing out the candles to make a wish). or something else, maybe a lesson to be learned. Why not give my kids wishes everyday! I know this is very small. Little things every day can make big things happen one day.


Create something every day






Picture found on Pinterest- From this blog

2 comments:

  1. is that your room?! sooo cute! you're definitely living the life of being in school. i remember all those days of sitting in the computer labs all day and it makes the day go by extremely fast. you 'll get a break soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my room Becca! I do like it though. I chose that picture because I liked the simplicity of the wreath! I actually don't mind the school part of my life. It's the work part that seems strenuous and pointless. But, it needs to be done! :D

    ReplyDelete

 

© Lavender and Honey All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger