lansing grounds

4/29/14







Lansing certainly holds a place in my heart. I moved to Lansing in 7th grade. I remember my grandma telling me that I get to choose the house that we will call home, which would eventually be decorated in her eccentric style; bright pink colored walls and porcelain dolls. Oh my. It was a place where I've walked along the streets day and night. A place where many firsts happened, where I got my first official job- I believe I mastered the art of making an ice cream cone. Thanks Dairy Queen! So many first experiences the list might be endless. Where my interests were formed and where I felt enormous amounts of pain. I guess these Lansing grounds shaped me into a person seeking to become something more. Spending the day in Lansing opened a lot of past feelings that were locked away. It was nice to awaken these feelings/thoughts. I definitely needed a reminder. Tonight I am back home in Chicago. The night ended with delicious tacos and a michelada from Big Star. It feels good to be home. 







This post is going to inspire a series of posts about Lansing and my memories. Stay tuned if you wanna! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Lavender and Honey All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger