winter vibrations commence

1/4/21

 



It’s my Saturday. Yesterday was my Friday. Do you care about that kind of stuff?



Slow morning. Water and a Marz Brewing CBD Elixir Juniper Fizz. More water.


Wrote. 


On self-care days, I like to take long showers. Yes, I know this isn't good for the environment. For the sake of my mental health and overall wellbeing, it's essential. Shower. My bathroom has become one of my favorite spaces on this cloud... Island? Ope. Earth? The walls need to be painted, but I enjoy the clean lines of the subway tile, the lights' industrial feel, and the Frank Lloyd Wright gallery poster of the Millard House in Pasadena, California. Now my mind is circling with ideas on how to visit California during a pandemic. Who wants to go on a road trip to California? Drive on the coast and forget that we live in Chicago for a moment. Okay, back to self-care. In quarantine, I discovered the ritual of deep self-care. Self-care can be anything to anyone, and in today's case, it was taking a long shower. 


First things first, I usually light a candle. I have two candles in my bathroom right now. I like to alternate. It keeps things spicy. 


I start with my face. Right now, I'm using and have been using Drunk Elephant's Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser. It's perfect for my temperamental skin—especially these days wearing a mask for 30+ hours a week. Today I felt like I needed it to be a double cleanse kinda day. I'm also doing Wicked Waxer's #56SOFT Skincare Challenge. Although I don't use a moisturizer right now and I still need to find an SPF that I like and, most importantly, my skin likes. For my second cleanse, I used Herbivore's Bamboo Charcoal Detoxifying Bar. I use this thing from head to toe. Head and shoulders, knees, and toes! I love a bar that does it all. Less shower clutter. Just less. The water is hot. I like hot showers. How about you? I washed my hair. I use R+Co Dallas Biotin Thickening Shampoo right now on the regular. These days I try and go days without washing. For the double shampoo, I had a sample of Lush Wasabi Shan Kui. Whoa! It was an experience to say as little as possible. A good one. This is getting lengthy, and I rarely write this much, but lately, I've been expressing myself through words. I used to write poetry or little nothings, and I still do from time to time. Writing feels good, and this post on self-care is just that. Take care of yourself, take care of others too. Do what feels right for you. Always. Ya hear? The rest goes like this:


Hair: Condition. R+Co Dallas Biotin Thickening Conditioner. Followed by their Television Perfect Hair Masque. Leave it in. It's still in as I'm writing this because it's probably a two shower kinda day.


Face: Lesse Bioactive Face Mask


Body: Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser 


Rinse. Sit there. Tell yourself you love yourself. 



Lesse is a brand that finally got dedicated to skincare. I believe in what they do. I love their product design, and the products keep my face feeling hydrated and cared for. All their products are a part of my skincare ritual. My first "empty" for 2021 will be this mask, guaranteed. Aesop is a brand I rarely buy for myself. It feels like such a luxury. I think in 2021, I will prioritize tiny luxuries when possible. This is just the foundation of what I do while inside the shower. I’ll shave tomorrow. What was for breakfast, you ask? Leftovers from Lao Peng You. It’s perfect, just like last night. It’s about balance. Would you like to see an after shower self-care post? If you are here, thank you. I want to create and have a community of like-minded folks in my life. Let's talk about skincare. I'm a seasoned newb. My next post will be on my bathroom interior what I want to change. The elements that I love. You know, a peek inside the interior of my life. Let the winter vibrations commence. 




This post is not sponsored, so there are no links right now. It would be nice to be sponsored. A gal can dream, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Lavender and Honey All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger